Keyword Search Tips
#1. Avoid the use of plurals unless absolutely necessary.
#2. Be as precise as possible.
#3. This form will search the ALL fields listed below. To search only a particular field or to
search using multiple search criteria you must use the Advanced Search page.
- Subject (Common name of the subject e.g. "Blue shark")
- Description (Additional information on the subject e.g. "hatching", "spawning", etc.)
- Location (States are spelled out completely and not abbreviated.)
- Species (Scientific name)
- Image Number (If you already know the exact number of the image.)
#4. Do not search using multiple criteria. To search using multiple criteria within the same field you must use the Advanced Search page.